11 April 2019
Vacancy: Senior Civil Engineer
Due to continued expansion and a strong pipeline of exciting projects, RBA have a vacancy for an ambitious and proactive Civil Engineer within our Rail division. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to advance their career with a forward thinking, growing consultancy engaged in a wide variety of project works for several industry leading clients.
RBA have provided expert Civil and Structural Engineering design to private and public sector clients for over 25 years. We have an excellent track record of delivering outstanding engineering solutions to repeat clients across many sectors of industry. The diversity of the projects we deliver makes working at RBA both refreshing and rewarding.
The highly regarded staff of RBA are the key to its success. We have a very broad skill set, capable of tackling a wide range of design and construction challenges, and we are looking for like-minded professional individuals to grow with the company to meet current demand.
Based in East Kilbride, the role is to provide civil engineering design & technical support for the successful delivery of rail projects across the UK. Reporting to an experienced and supportive Head of Rail (Civils & Structural), you will be responsible for the efficient and timely delivery of Civil Engineering solutions, producing accurate design calculations and drawings/models to industry standards, for clients who continue to return to the company.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and driven individual with a proven track record of project delivery to the satisfaction of repeat clients. You will be able to work proactively in in collaboration with all project stakeholders, and have the following attributes:
– An accredited degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (or equivalent qualification)
– Chartered Engineer (CEng MICE or equivalent) or approaching Chartered status
– Experience within the rail sector is desirable but not essential
– An up-to-date CPD record with a focus on the latest technological advances
– experience of working in a BIM environment
– Civil 3D literate (ability to produce Civil 3D models would be advantageous)
– AutoCAD literate
– Proficient in the use drainage design software (eg WinDES) would be advantageous
– Applied knowledge of civil engineering codes of practice, British Standards and Eurocodes
– Applied knowledge of statutory approvals
– Understanding of the planning process
– Proven design completed at least two of the following; drainage, rail, earthworks/geotech, structures
– technical excellence with the same expectation of those around you
– ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously
– effective project planning
– a strong and clear communicator, orally and in writing
– able to represent the company at meetings with clients, contractors, design teams etc
– able to visit sites, sometimes at night and/or to remote locations, to identify issues and solve problems
– full UK driving license
How to apply
Send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Careers page with reference “RBA/SCE/RAIL/18001”